High (specialty drug costs for treating some chronic conditions can be as high as $1 million annually for a single plan member) and rising specialty drug costs have become the most important health plan cost driver for many employer groups. The entry of these drugs into the marketplace has raised important economic, health, and ethical questions for all health plans.
In this Webinar, Dr. Bruce Campbell will review:
1. The clinical effectiveness of commonly used specialty drugs;
2. The cost impact of these drugs, including ROI estimates and future cost projections;
3. The FDA specialty drug approval pipeline;
4. Ethical issues surrounding
5. Current options for managing costs and ensuring the appropriate use of these drugs.
This webinar is eligible for SHRM, HRCI, and CEBS credits.
Dr. Campbell brings over 25 years of executive experience in healthcare, information technology, and managed care to our clients. He has held executive staff and operating positions in healthcare services companies, managed care plans, integrated delivery systems, medical groups and healthcare information technology companies.